Nov 19, 2007

Cozy Boatneck Sweater

The pattern suggests using
  • Blue Sky Alpaca Sport Weight (100% Alpaca, 110 yards/50grams) 1 skein each in Red #511, Turquoise #532, Paprika #531, Chartreuse #527, Purple #529 and Amber #519)
  • US size 6 (4.00mm) and size 3 (3.25mm) needles. with a gauge of 5 stitches per inch on the size 6 needles.

I'm using US size 7 needles (4.5mm) and Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Terracotta, Lake, Taupe, Lime, Charcoal and Maize accordingly.

Wish me luck! :)

===Update===

Unraveled and changed to Pattons Classic Wool Merino.

===Update===

This sweater is zzzooming out of my hands!
I'm not spending too much time knitting, and I've already finished the back and some of the front. It's a matter of days.

Happppy!

I really loved picking the colours. It took me ages to find the combination I liked, and eventually I am not terribly pleased with the sequence I decided on (I mean, I think that the order of the stripes is not optimal, but the colours are really excellent) anyway, I decided to live with it and not fret over it. (Did I mention how much I hate unraveling?)

Youngling is sleeping, so I can go on knittin'!


The life and time of my Cozy Boatneck Sweater from Itty-Bitty-Nursery by Susan B. Anderson

1 comment:

Ari said...

That sweater goes so quickly, and every bit of it is exciting-you get to see how the colors will sit together in this section or that. And the sleeves! Each different from the body and from each other.

Doesn't it make you want to knit another one?